Monday, December 21, 2015

Powerful God, Little Baby Jesus

Psalm 139 is (as I’ve observed) one of the most beloved Psalms.  I know that it is certainly one of my favorites.  At the center of the message is the fact that God knows everything about us-our thoughts and actions.  There is nowhere that we can go to get away from God, and nowhere we can hide.  He created us.  He knows our past and our future-he knew all of the days ordained for us before one of them came to be.  And this isn’t true for just one of us, but for all of us over the entire earth.  God’s thoughts outnumber the grains of sand and still he thinks of me!  Not from this Psalm, but we know that God holds our tears and knows every one of them.  To me, this is an extremely comforting thought.

During this Christmas season we can be amazed at thinking of this powerful God who knew everything, created everything, to thinking about the little baby he became.  God chose to leave his throne and the knowledge of everything, and come as a baby who needed to learn everything and depend on sinful, broken parents to survive.  Did Jesus, being fully God, know every one of his parent’s sins and choose to obey his parents anyway?


Psalms 139 starts by saying that God has searched us and knows us.  It ends by asking the almighty God to search us, know us, test us, and lead us.  As I marvel over baby Jesus this Christmas season, I know that he knows the very core of who I am.  He knows my sin, my grief, my joy, and still chooses to love me.  Because I’ve acknowledged him as savior and asked him into my heart, I know that I am saved.  God looks at sinful me and sees pure Jesus instead.  How can I help but worship him?

No comments:

Post a Comment