Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Inspiration

My inspiration for the title of this blog came from a song called Give Me Faith by the band Elevation Worship.  I heard it for the first time at BASIC a campus ministry that I’m part of, and from the first time I heard it, it has meant so much to me. (I have included the URL to the video but couldn't figure out how to upload the video directly to the blog.)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mMVvqI1-tM4

I need you to soften my heart
To break me apart
I need you to open my eyes
To see that You're shaping my life

All I am,
I surrender

Give me faith to trust what you say
That you're good and your love is great
I'm broken inside, I give you my life

I need you to soften my heart
To break me apart
I need you pierce through the dark
And cleanse every part of me

I may be weak
Your spirit strong in me
My flesh may fail
My God you never will

I love the lyrics of this song.  They speak volumes about how I often feel.  I’m sure that I’m not the only one that can relate to some part of them.

“All I am, I surrender”-These lyrics are something that when I say them, I need to mean them.  But sometimes it is so difficult for me because I feel like I need to be in control of my own life.  I like to have plans!  I often have every hour of tomorrow and the general idea of the next five years planned out!  If I don’t have a plan then I feel unorganized and kind of lost.  I realize that very few people are as planned as me but all of us like to have some measure of control over our lives.  It can be hard for us to surrender our lives and everything we are to God but that is exactly what He calls us to do.

And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” Matthew 26:39

“Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.” Psalm 143:10

“I may be weak, Your spirit strong in me, My flesh may fail, My God you never will”-Though we are weak and fail God’s spirit is strong in us and we as humans will fail but He never will!!!  Isn’t it incredible that we have a God who loves us so much that he sent His son to die for YOU!  We are not perfect and I know that I make mistakes again and again.  Often I feel like giving up because I keep making the same mistake over and over (“my flesh may fail”) and it seems like I’ll never be able to do it; I’ll never get it right.  Here I have problems with the control issue again but if I can trust God enough to surrender my life to Him then everything I’m not able to do by my strength He can do through His.  He will NEVER fail!

“I can everything through Him who gives me strength” Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment